Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Afrikan political prisoner Jalil Muntaqim Health Alert

MEDICAL ALERT FOR POLITICAL PRISONER JALIL MUNTAQIM! April 25, 2013 Is There A Doctor In The House? As some of you have heard, I have been having health/medical problems. It has been going on for a while, but I have been holding it down like a trooper, if you know what I mean!? Well, it has been suggested that I give a full report of my condition. So, here we go! I have been suffering from hypertension (high blood pressure) for over a decade. I've been taking several types of medication to keep it under control. However, the best remedy is release from prison to lessen my stress. In February 2011, I began experiencing shortness of breath when exercising in the yard or climbing the stairs to the cell. Mind you, I have been jogging 3-5 miles a couple of times a week, and/or playing several games of hard basketball a week. So, experiencing shortness of breath climbing stairs really put a damper on my exercise program. On February 10, 2011, I had a 2-D & M-Mode/Doppler echocardiograph and renal arterial duplex ultrasound. The ultrasound showed “Normal renal arterial duplex ultrasound.” However, the echocardiograph showed: 1) Intact left ventricular size and systolic function; 2) Mild left ventricular diastolic dysfunction; 3) Mild tricuspid regurgitation with normal estimated right ventricular systolic pressure. It has been explained to me that my right ventricular valve is weak, and blood pumping out of the heart regurgitates, meaning some of the blood seeps back into the right ventrical of the heart. I have been told it is a mild dysfunction. Then, on January 3, 2013, after shoveling snow from the weight pile in the yard, I returned to the cell and removed my winter clothes. All of a sudden, my left arm went numb, with tingling in my fingers. I was unable to touch my thumb to the tips of my fingers. I immediately informed the officer I felt like I was having a stroke, although I had no other symptoms of a stroke. I was taken to the facility hospital in a wheelchair, and the first doctor who examined me wanted to send me immediately to an outside hospital. But he was countermanded by head Doctor Rao. Doctor Rao ordered for me to have a CT Scan. On April 8, 2013, I was finally taken to the outside hospital for the CT Scan. When I returned, I was called to the facility hospital and Doctor Rao made arrangements for me to be sent immediately back out to another hospital to see a neurologist. However, that was cancelled, and I am now waiting to see a neurologist. What alarmed Dr. Rao was the CT Scan discovered I suffer “low density areas in the right basal ganglia and head of the caudate nucleus on the right.” In other words, these areas of the brain are not getting all of the blood flow they should, i.e., brain damage. When I asked someone to google this condition, it was learned that I should have had immediate medical attention when I reported the stroke 4 months ago. I do not know how long it will take for Albany approval to permit me to see the neurologist, but it is obvious that delay does not serve me well. So, that is where I am at this juncture. Therefore, if there is a doctor in the house, I would really like to gain their expert opinion on this health situation. I believe it is fair to say I have little trust in DOCCS providing me the proper medical care. Furthermore, I will not be able to know the difference in quality of care if I do not know what should be expected regarding healthcare. Hence, if there is a doctor in the house, let me hear from you! Yours in struggle, Jalil Anthony Jalil Bottom #77A4283 Attica Correctional Facility P.O. Box 149 Attica NY 14011-0149

No comments:

Post a Comment